The great human endeavour is defined by our ability to move. Whether it was our prehistoric ancestors who moved across the bearing straight, or the Smith family who just moved in down the block, Human locomotion is one of our defining traits.
We have industries built around moving, we have anxieties about moving, we even have compulsive movers. No matter the type of move a human may make, the enduring question is why?
With reasons both historical and practical, here are a few reasons why human beings move.
Get Into the History of Moving
Long before the homes of our modern world, humans were largely nomadic. Our ancestors would wander from place to place in search of food and shelter. In order to survive they had to follow the weather and resources.
As a result there is a need to be mobile deeply ingrained in our collective psyche. Admittedly, once our ancestors began to settle, civilization sprang forth, but the nomadic spirit remains strong.
Perhaps it manifests itself in the form of a vacation or a move across the globe, but it has something to do with discovery. As long as we move, we can always discover new things, even in a world that seems like it no longer has secrets.
Learn the TOP 9 Reasons Why People Move
1. People move because they need less space or more space;
2. People move because they want better schools for their children;
3. We move because we’re tired of city life;
4. Or we move to the countryside because the city light’s beckon;
5. We move because a neighbourhood has gone to pot;
6. Or we move to take a chance on a neighbourhood on the rise;
7. People move because taxes have become too high, or because they fancy a posh new postal code;
8. A move might be for a new start, or a move might occur because our big plans didn’t work out;
9. We move because life continues to move, and we’d be remiss to let it move on without us.
Perhaps the great unifying thread behind moving is that we can.
A self-determination that says, ‘I’ll look to that horizon and go beyond it, simply because I can’. The human experience demands it.
No matter the reason you move, bring House Removals Company Cheltenham Gloucester - MOVING SOLUTIONS with you. Those reasons can be as high minded as you like, but the move itself should be easy. You worry about the philosophizing, let the team do the heavy lifting.
Why? Because we can!